Leuprolide 2 Week Kit
This med has 4 steps. Swipe to navigate.
Step 1: Gather your supplies and wash your hands
- You will need: Vial of Lupron (in some cases the syringe will be prefilled), an orange-capped MonoJect syringe and needle that comes with the medication, alcohol pads, and sharps disposal.
Step 2: Draw up your dose
- Double check the dosage prescribed by your doctor because the dosages of leuprolide can vary greatly depending on your treatment.
- Clean off the top of the medication vial with an alcohol pad and let it air dry. Uncap the needle and insert it into the vial of Lupron. Invert the vial and draw the prescribed amount of Lupron into the syringe. Withdraw the needle.
- With the needle pointing up, tap on the barrel of the syringe and gently push the plunger to expel all of the air until a tiny drop of medication appears at the tip of the needle.
Step 3: Pick your injection site
- Measure 1-2 inches below your belly button and off to the right or left. Switch sides with each injection to help relieve any tenderness that develops. Using an alcohol wipe, wipe off your chosen spot and let it air dry.
Step 4: Administer the injection
- Take a pinch of skin around your injection site and hold the syringe at a 90 degree angle. Steadily, push the needle all the way in and release your pinch of skin. Push the plunger down until all of the medication is gone. Then withdraw the needle.
Dispose of your syringe in your sharps disposal. You did it!